1. StarSocial Rewards (StarSocial) is a rewards programme owned and operated by Star Hospitality Group Limited (Star or we).
2. StarSocial entitles Rewards Members (Member, you or your) to earn StarSocial Reward Points (StarPoints) on eligible purchases made in any participating hospitality establishment in accordance with these terms and conditions (Terms).
3. A list of participating establishments can be found at www.stargroup.nz (Participating Establishments). Participating Establishments may also display signage indicating they are part of StarSocial.
4. StarPoints are non-transferrable and non-assignable and are not able to be redeemed for cash.
5. All decisions by Star in relation to the StarSocial programme shall be made in its sole and absolute discretion, and all decisions by Star are final.
6. Registering to be a Member of StarSocial is free of charge.
7. By registering with StarSocial, you agree to these Terms. We may alter these Terms from time to time. If the Terms are changed, we will inform you of these changes using the contact details contained in your profile information at the time of the change. Regardless, we recommend that you review these Terms from time to time for any changes.
8. To become a Member of StarSocial, you must:a. sign up by registering on the StarSocial Application (Application) or online at www.stargroup.nz/starsocial-register by providing your name, date of birth, email address, mobile phone number and password; andb. verify your account by responding to the verification email or SMS message received.
9. You can only redeem StarPoints after you have completed the registration process including verification.
10. All personal details and profile information given to StarSocial must be accurate. It is up to you to keep your profile information up to date and to ensure that all personal details are current at all times.
11. Star may terminate your membership with StarSocial without notice if you do not comply with the Terms.
12. You are only able to register and maintain one (1) account and the account must be in your name. You must not use another Member’s account.
13. A Member may at any time terminate his or her membership by giving notice to StarSocial.
14. If you are already a member of Kapura Social Club or Joylab Rewards, your points that have been accumulated in these respective programmes that are valid as of 16 February 2024 will automatically be transferred to your StarSocial Rewards account (“Migrated Points”) and made accessible to you when you sign up to StarSocial using the same email address used for your Kapura Social Club or Joylab Rewards membership, or upon submitting a request to Star at email@example.com. The points accumulated under the Kapura Social Club and Joylab Rewards programmes shall cease to have effect from 16 February 2024.
STARSOCIAL MEMBERSHIP LEVELS AND BENEFITS
15. StarPoints may be earned every time a Member makes a qualifying purchase at a Participating Establishment. StarPoints cannot be earned on the following:
a. purchases made via the redemption of StarPoints;
b. purchases made via “EFTPOS cash-out” transactions;
c. deposit payments;
d. indirect purchases (UberEATS, Red Balloon, ticketing platforms);
e. purchases made via utilising the credit on Star gift cards; and
f. selected specials or promotions as communicated by Star from time to time.
16. To accumulate StarPoints, the following must be presented at a Participating Establishment prior to making payment for a qualifying purchase:a. a Member’s mobile phone number;b. unique In-App identifier number; orc. unique In-App QR code.
17. Any StarPoints earned will be added to that Member’s account. Star does not permit the use of a Member’s StarSocial account for use with any other person’s payment.
18. StarSocial Members earn 1 StarPoint for every NZ$10.00 spent in any one transaction. StarPoints can be earned on qualifying purchases up to a total spend of NZ$10,000.00 in any one day.
19. If a Member forgets to present their StarSocial Account details at the time of a qualifying purchase, any StarPoints that would have been earned are able to be retrospectively added if the Member sends an electronic copy of their valid receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org within fourteen (14) calendar days of the qualifying purchase date.
20. A record of all StarPoints earned will be kept in the Member’s account maintained on the StarSocial system.
21. Any alleged inconsistencies in a Member’s account should be reported to Star. In the case of any dispute, the decision of Star is final and binding.
22. Earning StarPoints will enable you to unlock various StarSocial Membership Levels to access special offers that are available at each level.
23. The quantity of StarPoints and StarSocial Membership Level are reviewed daily to assess whether your StarSocial Membership Level should be adjusted or maintained. In this regard, each day of review shall be referred to as a “Date of Assessment”.
24. The number of StarPoints earned within the preceding twelve (12) months from the Date of Assessment (defined below) will determine the StarSocial Membership Level.
25. For Kapura Social Club and Joylab Rewards members, the first Date of Assessment to determine the StarSocial Membership Level based on the Migrated Points shall be 16 February 2024.
26. For all newly registered StarSocial Members, the first Date of Assessment is the date that your first qualifying StarSocial purchase is made, and the corresponding StarSocial Membership Level shall be determined accordingly.
REDEMPTION OF STARPOINTS
27. StarPoints may be redeemed for certain discounts and reward items. Redemption of StarPoints can only take place after registration has been completed online at www.stargroup.nz/starsocial-register.
28. Each StarPoint entitles the Member to redeem a NZ$1.00 discount, which may be used to offset the cost of your next qualifying purchase. For example, a Member who has 100 StarPoints is able to redeem all of them by deducting up to NZ$100.00 from their next qualifying purchase. You must inform the staff at the Participating Establishment of your intention to use StarPoints to pay/part-pay for a qualifying purchase prior to completing payment.
29. StarPoints can also be used to redeem listed reward items on the Application. The required number of StarPoints for each reward item will be displayed on the Application. The reward items on offer may change at any time and are subject to availability at the Participating Establishments.
30. The StarPoints and reward items regardless of their condition, quality, merchantability or fitness for use, are not exchangeable for cash or credit unless specifically stated otherwise.
31. The number of StarPoints redeemed will be deducted from the Member’s StarPoints balance. The oldest StarPoints will be deducted first.
32. Redemption of StarPoints in accordance with the provisions above does not result in a reduction of the overall number of StarPoints accumulated for the purpose of assessing the StarSocial Membership Level.
For illustration purposes, a Member accumulated 250 StarPoints within the preceding twelve (12) month period from the Date of Assessment, thus achieving a specific StarSocial Membership Level.
If the Member decides to redeem 50 StarPoints, the specific StarSocial Membership Level remains the same.
33. More details on the StarSocial Membership Levels and corresponding offers may be found in the StarSocial Application. Star may amend the terms and conditions for each StarSocial Membership Level.
STARPOINTS EXPIRY, DEDUCTIONS AND TERMINATION
34. Kapura Social Club and Joylab Rewards members have a period of 183 days from 16 February 2024 to redeem the Migrated Points, after which they will automatically expire and become void. For the avoidance of doubt, the expiration outlined in this clause will not impact your StarSocial Membership Level attained.
35. StarPoints, for the purposes of redemption, will automatically expire and become void 183 days after the date on which they were accumulated. Accordingly, they will be deducted from the Member’s account balance at that time. For the avoidance of doubt, the deduction outlined in this clause will not impact your StarSocial Membership Level.
Following the illustration above, assuming the Member redeemed 50 StarPoints, the Member would have 200 StarPoints remaining. If the Member does not redeem these 200 StarPoints within 183 days from the date of accumulation, these 200 StarPoints will expire. Nonetheless, these 200 StarPoints will still contribute to the relevant Star Social Membership Level attained for a further 182 days from the date of accumulation.
36. If StarPoints are added to a Member’s account in error or fraudulently, Star may deduct those StarPoints. If StarPoints were earned on a transaction that was later cancelled, refunded or voided, Star may deduct the StarPoints associated with that transaction.
37. If either you or we cancel or terminate your StarSocial Membership, any unused StarPoints become void. All decisions by Star are final.
38. We may discontinue or suspend StarSocial at any time. If StarSocial is discontinued, you will have three (3) months in which to redeem any unused StarPoints. After this time, your StarPoints will be void and your StarSocial Membership will be terminated. You will not be able to accumulate StarPoints from the date that StarSocial is discontinued.
39. We may offer other personalised product deals, services, rewards, gifts or other benefits (Benefits) to Members. The Benefits may change without notice. The nature, quantity, award and availability of the Benefits will be decided by Star.
40. To redeem a Benefit, you must follow the instructions provided by Star.
41. You must redeem a Benefit within the time stated. Otherwise, it will expire. There may be limits on the number of Benefits you may receive. Benefits may not be used in conjunction with any other Benefit unless stated otherwise.
42. We do not guarantee the availability of any Benefits and we are not responsible or liable to you if a Benefit is or becomes unavailable. If a Benefit or part of it becomes unavailable for a reason beyond our control, we will award a similar item of equal or greater value.
APPLICATION AND WEBSITE
43. You acknowledge and agree that your download, installation and use of the Application and / or use of the Websites (www.stargroup.nz; www.stargroup.nz/starsocial) is at your own risk and cost, and solely for your private, personal and non-commercial use.
44. You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for all acts and omissions associated with your access and use of the Application and / or Websites, and the access and use of the Application and / or Websites by anyone on your behalf. When using the Application, you should refrain from wilfully, or negligently modifying, reverse engineering, disassembling or converting the Application.
45. All material and logos on the Application and Websites remain the property of Star.
46. Star is not responsible for the content of any other websites or applications linked on the Application or Websites.
47. You may view your StarSocial Membership Level on the Application, or by visiting a Participating Establishment and asking a staff member at the time of payment.
48. All conditions and warranties, whether express or implied and whether arising under legislation or otherwise, as to the condition, suitability, quality, fitness for purpose, or safety of any goods or services supplied under the StarSocial Membership, are expressly excluded to the full extent permitted by law.
INFORMATION SUBMITTED BY YOU