Star Hospitality Group Limited (Star) respects your privacy and complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020.
Star may make changes to the way we collect and use personal information or to the Website’s and Application’s functionality from time to time. If this happens, Star will update this Policy. We recommend that you review this page regularly to check for any changes to this Policy.
Personal information is defined in the Privacy Act 2020 as information about an identifiable individual. Star may collect and retain the following types of personal information:
· First and last name;· date of birth;· contact details, including mobile phone number and email address;
· other personal information that you provide in relation to promotions, competitions and surveys run through the Website;
· payment details, such as credit card number;
· your purchasing history and interests;· any consumer preferences in relation to our services, including outlets, that you select;
· information relating to your use of the Website and Application, such as the content you access; and/or
· any personal information included in content you upload on the Website and Application.
If you do not want to provide Star with personal information required for a mandatory field of a Website and / or Application form, Star may not be able to provide you with the applicable services. Star will only collect your personal information directly from you.
Star collects and uses personal information for the following reasons:
· to allow you to register for, and use, the Application;
· to verify your identity;
· to allow you to make reservations to use our services;
· to provide information about our products and services to you;
· to run promotions and competitions;
· to conduct market research;
· to improve our services;
· to answer your questions and resolve complaints; and
· any other uses that you authorise.
In order to provide you the information, products and services via this Website and application, Star may need to share, and you authorise us to share, some of your personal information with the following parties:
· Star’s related companies, including outlets participating in the StarSocial Rewards programme within New Zealand; or
· companies or individuals that assist Star in providing products or services to you, such as marketing and PR agencies, prize providers, consultants and service providers.
· HEINEKEN group companies for the purpose of storing personal information processed via the Website, due to shared IT systems;
· service providers where this is needed to provide us with a service and to provide data analytics services
· service providers that help us organize campaigns and promotions;
These parties may be located in New Zealand or countries such as those in the European Economic Area (EEA) or elsewhere in the world. When personal information is stored by us outside the EEA we will ensure an adequate level of protection of the transferred data. We require service providers to use appropriate measures to protect the confidentiality and security of the personal information. Where the third parties act as processors on our behalf, we only permit them to process your personal information for specified purposes and in line with our instructions.
Security of personal information is important to Star and we take all reasonable precautions to protect personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We require any third party who has access to your information to put in place appropriate security measures to protect your information against unauthorised use or disclosure.
Access and correction
You can request Star to provide access to the personal information we have collected about you at any time. You can also request Star to correct any of that personal information. You can send requests for access to or correction of your personal information to firstname.lastname@example.org
A cookie is a small data file that a website may store on your user device. Cookies track your movements through different websites; they do not record any other personal information about you. Cookies are widely used on websites to help with navigation and to personalise your experience when you visit a website.
Star uses session cookies to temporarily store information to help you use this Website. Session cookies expire immediately when you close your browser or are deleted after 30 minutes of no activity on the Website.
Star also uses persistent cookies to personalise the user experience and to provide us with research information (such as how often you visit this Website each month). If this Website includes a "remember me" option when logging in, a persistent auto-login cookie may also be stored. The auto-login cookie will be removed if you log out.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your settings to prevent cookies being stored. However, if you do this, you may not be able to access or use all the features of this Website.
If you have any questions about this Policy or if you feel that your privacy has been breached, please contact us on email@example.com
WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS?
Under certain circumstances, you have various rights in relation to your personal information under data protection laws. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details at the end of this notice.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your data or exercise any of your other rights, but please note that we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances and will provide you with reasoning as to this refusal to comply. You have the right to seek an investigation into this refusal through the Privacy Commission.
In order to respond to any request in relation to your data access rights, we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity. If we cannot establish your identity we may refuse to comply with your request. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request including the specific categories of data you are seeking access to, in order to speed up our response.
We will endeavour to respond to all legitimate requests within twenty working days of receiving the notice (unless we consider an extension is required in accordance with the law). Occasionally it may take us longer than twenty working days if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
You have the right to:
Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. In this case we will cease such processing and delete your personal information. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes in which case we will refrain from sending further marketing material. In some cases we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information in accordance with our governing laws which overrides your rights and freedoms. If your request is urgent, we may ask you to provide reasoning as to why your request is urgent.
Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request“). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you (unless such access would jeopardize the legitimate business interests of us or any law of the jurisdiction or right of the Company). You also have the right to:
· Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected;
· Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it, or where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing. If your request is granted, we will erase your personal information without undue delay;
· Request restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal information in the following scenarios:
a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy;
b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it;
c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you or we need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it;
Request the transfer of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it, or where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing. If your request is granted, we will erase your personal information without undue delay;
Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal information. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
You also have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Privacy Commission. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns so please contact us in the first instance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This version was last updated in January 2024.